Wednesday 31 October 2012

Happy Halloween! My 666th Post!


Happy Halloween everyone, and welcome to my official 666th blog post! Whew, it has been a long time coming, crazy to think the amount of hours I must have spent working on this blog. I still remember when I discovered Spell Check, and I still have yet to work my way through all my old posts and correct the grammar, replace broken links, and missing images. Guess it is kinda obvious due to the billion blog posts I have done over the last few days that getting my 666th post on Halloween was a close call but am glad I achieved it.

The blog started off quite terrible, I cringe at the earlier reviews, but it has gone from strength to strength, now being seen by an average of 17,000 unique users per month, and with Google search positions in the Top 10 for many phrases (such as position 8 out of 62 million for 'zombie film reviews'). My writing might not be the best, but I have passion for horror, and really enjoy watching, reading, and playing it. A giant thanks to my friends and family for their support, I wont name names, but you all know who you are my zombie horde! Could not have carried on for so long without you.

It is chucking it down outside, fitting Halloween weather, Rotting Zombie HQ is warm and cosy though. Strange people in masks have cut the power to my house, so am using the laptop to write this. A small doll is hammering at my bedroom door, a hitch hiker with a hook for a hand is leering up at me from my back garden, while something Sinister is watching me from a crime scene photo on my wall. If I survive the night (the curse placed on me by an old crone is due to finally reach me come midnight, thinner!) then I hope for my blog to improve and improve, the next milestone is 1000 blog posts, as long as this is not the final year of Humans then I should reach that mark sometime in the next decade.

If you are one of the many, many people who have sent me stuff to do blog posts about then please carry on being patient, I do need to learn how to prioritise. So many books to read, and films to watch! Eventually it will happen and I will catch up. Keep on horror-ing, and keep on reading my blog, and feel free to send me any improvements, or criticisms you have, I love to hear from you.

Anyway, I will sign off now, bit of a self indulgent post, but I do deserve it...probably! Stay safe, and stay scared,

Forever watching,

The Rotting Zombie :)

No comments: